Whitney & Megan, aka Wegan, are social media influencers focusing on luxury travel, and fashion and lifestyle. They are also wife and wife and one of the first lesbian couples to ever appear on YouTube. They have been together for nearly 11 years and conquered the challenge of a long distance relationship from the UK to Hawaii. They recently won runner up for the Innovation Influencer of the Year at the Cosmopolitan Influencer Awards 2019 and were shortlisted for Influencer of the Year at the DIVA Awards 2019. The pair recently enjoyed a fantastic trip to Thailand and have shared with us their experience along with some top tips for first time visitors.
First impressions of Thailand
We’ve both always wanted to experience Thailand because every single person that we know who has visited absolutely loves it! From what we had seen in pictures, Thailand is a paradise with beautiful beaches! We also knew of it being quite a big backpacker destination, and we are more like the overweight suitcase types, ha-ha! We were correct in our thinking about how beautiful Thailand would be and it was even more so in the tropical rain. We didn’t realise how luxurious Thailand could be and how amazing and warm the Thai hospitality was. The closest we have come to this is in Hawaii, but there’s nothing quite like Thai hospitality.
Wegan’s top tips
- An absolute must when visiting Koh Samui is a trip to the ethical elephant sanctuary, Samui Elephant Sanctuary.
- When in Thailand it’s a must to take a Thai cooking class when around such extraordinary and flavourful ingredients.
- Go on a sight-seeing safari tour around the island of Koh Samui into the jungle and up deep into the mountains. The trip is breath-taking, but you definitely need a guide as the drive is terrifying, but exhilarating.
- It’s a must to visit temples, such as the Big Buddha on Koh Samui and Wat Arun in Bangkok.
- Lastly, you won’t regret a boat trip to visit the beautiful islands of Ang Thong Marine Park.
Read more about Wegan’s adventure in Thailand here.
You may also enjoy:
Fan Club Thailand
Tourism Thailand (UK & Ireland)
We are here to help you experience the best of amazing Thailand. Bookmark our online magazine for ideas and tips for what to see and do in Thailand, and follow us on social media for even more travel inspiration.