The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has launched a new safety initiative to prepare for the return of tourism post Covid-19. Working closely with public and private sector partners, TAT has introduced an initiative known as the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA).
The SHA scheme is part of Thailand’s ongoing efforts to raise safety standards in the travel and tourism industry and restore the confidence of domestic and international tourists following the worldwide Covid-19 crisis.
Hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions, transport services and other facilities in Thailand are able to apply for SHA certification, but must strictly follow the COVID-19 control guidelines issued by the Ministry of Public Health.
Five key areas are covered in the evaluation process for the SHA certificate:
- Applicants must strictly follow the Covid-19 control guidelines from the Ministry of Public Health.
- Tourist attractions and facilities must be safe and have strategies in place that ensure tourist safety. At the same time, local culture should be respected with interaction between local communities and tourists.
- Hygiene and sanitation in tourism establishments including hotels, home-stays, souvenir shops and restaurants.
- Clean and safe links between communities and attractions and health and safety standards to cover transportation (including private cars, public buses and airlines).
- Trained staff at tourist venues to ensure tourist safety and security.
Certificates will only be issued to those who meet the required standards of health and safety for the entire premises, operational staff, equipment and toilets. Venues and businesses who meet the benchmark can use the SHA logo (valid for two years) as a mark of quality assurance. Among the first recipients of the SHA certificate are:
- The Grand Palace, Bangkok
- Anantara Siam Hotel, Bangkok
- Central World, Bangkok
- IconSiam, Bangkok
- MBK Centre, Bangkok
- Fah Lanna Spa, Chiang Mai
- Vana Nava Water Jungle, Hua Hin
See more here:
You may also enjoy
Fan Club Thailand
Tourism Thailand (UK & Ireland)
We are here to help you experience the best of amazing Thailand. Bookmark our online magazine for ideas and tips for what to see and do in Thailand, and follow us on social media for even more travel inspiration.