This competition ended on 13 September, 2020. Thank you for all your entries.
Rosa’s Thai Cafe is 12 years old this year and in honour of this landmark, Rosa’s want to take you back to the start and celebrate one of their original dishes – fresh summer rolls! They have been on the menu at Rosa’s Thai Cafe from day one, when Rosa’s was still a street stall at London’s Brick Lane Sunday market. It’s also the dish that Rosa’s co-founder, Saiphin, used to win over the landlord, who gave her the opportunity to open the very first Rosa’s Thai Cafe on Hanbury Street in London’s East End, back in 2008. The staff at Rosa’s have rolled each one by hand every day since (Saiphin reckons she has made well over a couple of thousand summer rolls in the past 12 years!)
So, to celebrate the birthday of Rosa’s Thai Cafe, it’s time to submit your own recipe for a chance to win a meal for four plus a signed copy of two Rosa’s cookbooks, not to mention serious bragging rights.
Create a recipe for one of the following categories:
- Summer rolls for me (when you want them all to yourself)
- Summer rolls for friends (to share with your mates)
- Summer rolls for family (kids/family-friendly recipe)
- Your summer rolls recipe can have as many or as little ingredients as you want (but the ingredients have to be readily available in the UK)
- A recommended dipping sauce to go with your summer rolls is encouraged
- Extra points will be given for originality and creativity (keep it realistic and edible!)
- Post your recipe as a photo or a video on Facebook or Instagram and tag @RosasThaiCafe and @FanClubThailand
- Entries close
Friday 11 September 2020Sunday 13 September 10PM GMT and the winner from each category will be revealed on Monday 14 SeptemberWednesday 16 September 2020 6PM GMT
- A gift voucher for a meal for four (worth £100)
- A signed copy of Rosa’s Cookbook and Rosa’s Veggie Cookbook
- Your recipe will be re-created by chef Saiphin, Rosa’s founder, and published on the social media channels of @FanClubThailand and @RosasThaiCafe. In addition, your recipe will also feature on the websites of Fan Club Thailand and Rosa’s Thai Cafe and Rosa’s monthly newsletter.
Get cooking! Entry date extended until Sunday 13 September 2020
Terms and conditions
- Your recipe(s) can be submitted to one, two or all three categories, but you will have a chance to win for only one category
- This gift voucher is valid for 12 months from activation date
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize or cash equivalent
You may also enjoy:
Fan Club Thailand
Tourism Thailand (UK & Ireland)
We are here to help you experience the best of amazing Thailand. Bookmark our online magazine for ideas and tips for what to see and do in Thailand, and follow us on social media for even more travel inspiration.