Welcome to our Master Chef Turns Master Tour Guide series with Nawamin, aka Dr Boss. Born and raised in Southern Thailand, the 2018 MasterChef runner-up is proud to share his love of his homeland with you. In this series, Dr Boss will share his local knowledge and show you amazing locations, memorable experiences and fabulous food. From Phuket to Ko Samui and Ko Pha Ngan, and from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Dr Boss takes you on a journey of discovery to help you plan your next holiday to Thailand.
- Learn more about Nawamin’s food and travel adventures in Phuket
- Try this Thai food recipe: Southern-style crab yellow curry
- Learn more about Nawamin’s food and travel adventures on Ko Samui
- Try this Thai food recipe: Aubergine salad with spicy coconut cream dressing
- Learn more about Nawamin’s food and travel adventures in Bangkok
- Try this Thai food recipe: Chicken/Beef massaman curry
- Learn more about Nawamin’s food and travel adventures in Chiang Mai
- Try this Thai food recipe: Roasted pork belly served with toasted rice
Ko Pha Ngan
- Learn more about Nawamin’s food and travel adventures on Ko Pha Ngan
- Try this Thai food recipe: Thai-style scotch eggs served with cucumber pickle
Nawamin (Dr Boss)
MasterChef, Doctor, Scientist
Born and raised in Southern Thailand, Nawamin Pinpathomrat is better known to many in the UK and Ireland as Dr Boss. The Thai man studied for a PhD at Oxford University and charmed viewers with his humour and crab dance on the way to the final of BBC’s MasterChef in 2018. He now works as a doctor in a local hospital in Thailand and still loves to eat, cook and create recipes. Connect with @nawaminboss on social media and follow his travel and food adventures in Thailand.
Fan Club Thailand
Tourism Thailand (UK & Ireland)
We are here to help you experience the best of amazing Thailand. Bookmark our online magazine for ideas and tips for what to see and do in Thailand, and follow us on social media for even more travel inspiration.